The benefits of quality lubricants and axle oils include improving component life, reducing vehicle downtime, increasing oil drain intervals and preserving the engine’s cleanliness. All of these things are costs fleet businesses and owner operators have to deal with and these costs can be reduced with the right lubricant and lubrication practices.
Shell's LubeCoachAcademy features a library of online training modules that cover the following topics:
- Lubricants and Application
Each module takes approximately 4-6 minutes to complete.
Visit Shell Lube Chat to view the Technical Data Sheet.
Visit Shell Lube Coach Academy to enroll in online training.
Unable to convert CSV file.
Shell Rotella T4 Triple Protection 15W-40 Conventional Benefits
- Exceptional wear protection – 50% more wear protection than the CK-4 limit
- Enhanced deposit protection/cleanliness
- Resists oxidation up to 50% longer than the previous generation of Shell Rotella® T Triple Protection
- Extended drain capable*
- Enhanced shear stability performance
*Always follow OEM recommendation and utilize used oil analysis when extending drains.
Shell Rotella T5 10W-30 Synthetic Blend Benefits
- Extended drain capable*
- Delivers fuel economy savings of up to 2%**
- Enhanced Engine Cleanliness
- Exceptional wear protection
- Delivers 44% better wear protection than the maximum CK-4 wear requirements
- Strong extreme high and low temperature protection
*Follow OEM recommendation and utilize used oil analysis when extending drains
**In Class 8 trucks as compared to conventional 15W-40 engine oil
Shell Rotella Extended Life Coolant Nitrite Free Benefits
- Outstanding Heat Transfer – Superior heat transfer to conventional coolants
- Extended Life Capability – Up to 600,000 miles or 12,000 hours in commercial applications or 150,000 miles or 6 years in passenger cars and light trucks
- Compatibility with Other Coolants – Miscible and compatible with other extended life AFC
- No SCA or Extender Use Required for the life of the coolant
- Excellent Cavitation (Pitting) Protection – excellent protection against cavitation related damage on cylinder liners
- Excellent Corrosion Protection – corrosion protection of aluminum, brass, copper, iron, solder, and steel
Shell Gadus S3 V220C Features and Benefits
- Up to 25% better corrosion protection than the average performance of two competitors' greases in the same tier
- EP proection for bearings as it passes the four-ball weld load test at 694 lb, which exceeds the 551 lb minimum weld load that a grease must pass to be classified as having good load-carrying properties (ISO 6743-9)
- Provides over 100 hours of bearing life during severe 284 degrees Farenheit testing
- Up to 30% better mechanical stability after 100,000 work strokes than the average three competitors' greases in the same tier
Many customers benefit from using the product by:
- increasing system efficiency by running equipment at elevated temperatures for longer
- reducing maintenance and product consumption
- simplifying lubricant maintenance practices by using the same versatile grease for a range of applications
Shell Spirax S6 GME 40 Benefits
- Improved fuel efficiency, up to 1.5%*
- Exceptional wear, pitting and corrosion protection for long transmission life
- Long oil-drain interval for low maintenance costs
- All-climate, year-round performance with excellent low temperature flow, corrosion resistance, and high temperature viscosity retention
Shell Rotella T5 Ultra 10W-30 FA-4 Synthetic Blend Benefits
- Designed for model year 2017 and beyond on-highway engines that allow an API FA-4 oil. Detroit Diesel allows the use of FA-4 engine oil back to model year 2010.*
- Extended drain capable**
- Delivers fuel economy savings of up to 2.6%***
- Formulated to minimize oil consumption
- Demonstrated resistance to breakdown under high temperatures
- Improved low temperature flow***
*Not approved for use in diesel pick-ups
**Follow OEM recommendation and utilize used oil analysis when extending drains
***Compared to conventional 15W-40 engine oil
Top Movers - Shell Rotella T4 Triple Protection 15W-40, Shell Rotella T4 Triple Protection 10W-30, Shell Rotella T5 10W-30, Shell Rotella ELC Nitrite Free, Shell Spirax S6 AXRME 75W-90, Shell Spirax S6 ATF A295, Shell Gadus V220C 2
|Part Number||Description 1||Description 2||Application Information|
|SLO 500010048||RotT4TriProt15W40CK4_BULK||Conventional Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil||For Diesel applications requiring API CK-4 (or older), DFS 93K222, CES 20086, VDS 4.5, and others|
|SLO 500010047||Rotella T5 10W30 CK4_BULK||Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil||For Diesel applications requiring API CK-4 (or older), DFS 93K222, CES 20086, VDS 4.5, and others|
|SLO 500010011||RotT4TriPro10W30CK4_BULK||Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil||For Diesel applications requiring API CK-4 (or older), DFS 93K222, CES 20086, VDS 4.5, and others|
|SLO 550041810||Rotella ELC NF 50/50_6*1ugl||Heavy Duty Nitrite Free Extended Life Engine Coolant (ELC or OAT)||Outstanding Coolant for many cooling system applications that may require ASTM D6210, DFS 93K217, CES 14439, and others.|
|SLO 9404206021||Rotella ELC Pre-dilu_6*1ugl||Heavy Duty Extended Life Engine Coolant with Nitrite ( NOAT)||Outstanding Coolant for many cooling system applications that may require ASTM D6210, CES 14439, EC-1 and others.|
|SLO 550026918||Spirax S6 AXRME75W90_1*55ugl||Heavy Duty Axle Oil||For Axle applications requiring SAE J2360, SHAES 256, and DFS 93K219.01|
|SLO 550044796||Spirax S6 GME 40_1*55ugl||Heavy Duty AMT Transmission Oil||For applications that require Eaton PS-386|
|SLO550045337||Spirax S6 ATF A295_3*1ugl||Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission Fluid||For Applications requiring fully approved Allison TES-295 fluid.|
|SLO 550026854||Gadus S3 V220C 2_1*50kg WL||Heavy Duty Lubricating Grease||HD general purpose grease, including chassis and bearing applications requiring ASTM D4950 GC-LB.|
|SLO 550026915||Spirax S6 AXRME75W90_1*5ugl||Heavy Duty Axle Oil||For Axle applications requiring SAE J2360, SHAES 256, and DFS 93K219.01|
General Product Information
Shell offers a full range of products designed to extend the life and value of equipment so trucks stay on the road longer with fewer unplanned repairs.
Click here to find the right products, get the recommended Shell alternative for other brand of products, and technical and safety data sheets on Shell products
View product warranty information here
Shell Spirax S6 ATF A295 is fully approved by Allison for all TES-295 and TES-486 applications.
Shell Rotella® ELC NF AFC has proven excellent cylinder liner protection without the need for nitrite while providing enhanced aluminum protection.